- Transaction advisory services to a major bank with geographic spread across southern Africa towards the potential acquisition of an investment banking brokerage in Nigeria. This involved a review of the potential targets based on financial and non-financial criteria and information as well as co-ordination of the due diligence process, including the scope, roles and selection of other advisers.
- Transaction advisory services to a 1st tier bank in Nigeria seeking to acquire a smaller bank. Key elements included evaluation and analysis of potential targets based on financial & non-financial criteria, evaluation of transaction structures and negotiation of transaction terms as well as coordination of the due diligence process.
- Advisory services to assist in the transformation program of a top tier bank. The engagement involved preparation of a competitor landscape analysis to benchmark the bank’s performance against peers, assessment of the relative impact of the individual business drivers on the bank’s ability to achieve its overarching transformation objectives and working with the executive management to update the transformation objectives and key performance indicators.
Infrastructure & Transportation
- Valuation services on an airline on behalf of a public financial restructuring company. The engagement involved conducting pre-and post-money valuation of the company to assess potential equity restructuring options as well as to evaluate the capital injection requirements and implications for the existing shareholding structure at the time.
- Financial advisory services to a private investor making an acquisition within the heavy industries sector. The engagement involved advice on transaction structure taking into account financial, legal, and tax consequences & managing the selection of legal and tax advisers. It also covered coordination of the due diligence process and assistance in developing a long term corporate transformation strategy.
- Advisory services to a Far East conglomerate in developing of a business proposal for a 101 hectare residential development in the Lagos metropolis. The engagement involved preparing a high-level financial model as well as advising on a high-level transaction structure alternatives.
- Debt restructuring services to a prime real estate developer seeking to harmonise the funding arrangement for several abandoned multi-million naira developments in Lagos. The transaction involved building a robust financial model used as basis for negotiations with its creditors as well as supporting fund raising efforts for additional capital requirements.
- Advisory services in partnership with an international construction firm to assist in the conceptualisation of a proposed residential development in the heart of metropolitan Lagos. The engagement involved provision of local expertise and project management support towards the proposed development and coordination of a comprehensive market survey and development of a financial model in line with trends within the residential property market within that axis.
Oil & Gas
- Financial advisory services to a downstream oil and gas company requiring a review of its capital structure. The engagement involved an evaluation of the business’ capital mix based on current needs and future capital requirement as well as making recommendations for the business’ optimal long term capital structure along with alternative strategies to achieve the targets.
- Business valuation services for a leading indigenous turnkey EPC company as part of a fund raising transaction. The engagement involved building out a detailed financial model with multiple scenarios based on a range of debt and equity financing options and preparing a valuation report for prospective investors based on a clearly defined capital restructuring plan.